Homeowners can save tons of money by using less energy! Not sure how to do that? Here are a couple of tips to get your bill down so you can start saving.
• Make sure your home is properly sealed and insulated.
• When looking at appliances, make sure they are “energy star” certified. That goes for ceiling fans as well.
• Energy companies may give rebates for energy saving products! Contact your company and see what programs they offer.
• Unplug any “Vampire Power” electronics including phone or tablet chargers. Although they aren’t in use, they may still be using energy.
• Reduce the water heater from 140 degrees to 120 degrees.
• LED light bulbs use less energy and are 25x stronger than other light bulbs. Switch out your light bulbs and watch the savings start.
• Programmable thermostats can save you money as well. If your home is empty during the day, a temperature can be set to allow your furnace or air conditioner to not work quite so hard.
• Change out your furnace filter every three months. This allows your furnace to work more efficiently.
• Home audits may be free from your power company! Contact them to find out how efficient your home is running. They may have more money saving tips!